Monday, February 15, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
- The Rhode Island State Council on the Arts, especially Liz Keithline, who also guided and supported David. RISCA gave us a grant to arrange/orchestrate the music which was done magnificently by RI Artist, Dan Delange.
- The P.A.V.E organization headed by retired Police Lieutenant, John Reis, whose steadfast belief and energy helped make the script so strong. P.A.V.E. gave us a grant to perform the production at ten high schools in RI.
- Our Managing Director, Bob Zannini, who has managed to make us successful every year for the past 33 years. Without his guidance and support we would never have been able to do all that we do!
- Our Administrative Director, Nicole Frechette who arranged rehearsals, planned schedules, did sound for the show and so much more and our Educational Director, Jamie Dellorco made the bookings for us.
- Bill Whitehead, one of our revered performers, who directed the show and did wonderful things with it.
- Long time friend and performer as well as a former ‘Teacher of the Year’, Marianne Douglas. When we needed ways and strategies for teens to handle bullying and stressful situations, she shared several of her strategies from her multi-award winning curriculum for high school students, ‘Strategies for Success’, and helped to create our new production which is itself now award winning.
- Internationally acclaimed Contemporary Gospel legend, Ray Boltz, for allowing us to use his original song, 'The Swimming Hole', to open our show and set the theme of dealing with and overcoming injustice. Thanks Ray for sharing your talents and for being such a good friend.
- James Robinson and Stump from Youth Pride RI and all of the OUTspoken Players that provided valuable feedback throughout the writing process.
- Our fantastically talented group of young performers who believed in the project and gave so much of their time and talents. The current performers touring in High School BULLY are: Joe Catanzaro, Ben Craven, Jamie Dellorco, Marianne Douglas, Luke Doyle, Krista-Louise Genereux, Megan Gonsalves, Sam Hood, Amber Johnson, James Lambert, Brendan Macera, Cameron Marcotte, David Payton, Sarah Pothier, Jillian Rivers-Keegan, Roxy Roca, Patrick Saunders, Audrey Thompson, and Dan Walsh.
- The schools, principals, teachers, guidance counselors and parents who bring us into their schools to educate and entertain their students year after year and also all of the fans who come year after year to see our productions at Rhode Island College or at the Scottish Rites in Cranston, bringing their families, as well as members of their organizations, schools or groups.
- The Angels out there who give so much to help us raise funds for our programs, in particular, Carrabas Restaurant manager, Jim Lee, The Shriners, Wayne Sutton, The John Moran Fund’s, Jerry Ventre and The Pauls Foundation’s David Valkema and Paul Mavros.
This can only be accomplished with your help. If you believe in what we are doing and you are able to help us get the messages out by either your own personal financial support or your company’s financial support then please contact us and make our programs available to those who so desperately need them. Together we will make a difference.
Thank you. Thank you all.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
(Photo: Emily as Cinderella in 2007.)
Sunday, February 07, 2010
1. Our Upcoming Performances
2. The Rhode Island Home Show
3. Our Spring Fundraiser – Save the Date!
4. Acting Classes for Children
6. RISCA Funds Available to Schools and Camps!
7. Supporting Our Members
Remember, for pictures and video clips (old and new) come visit us on Facebook or find us on YouTube!
If you'd like to automatically receive our entire newsletter, please email us!